Friday, November 30, 2012

Dyslexia French Style

R:  "There's a boy in my class who always makes lots of spelling mistakes.  It doesn't matter what he does, he makes loads of mistakes I don't know why..."

He tells me teacher announced to the class:  "I DON'T UNDERSTAND why you make so many spelling mistakes"  (for which points are taken off each time).

"Miss, I'm a bit dyslexic" says the child.

"Mmm, I see, that explains it"  says the teacher.

I don't have any other news on the teacher's reaction to this piece of information.  I wonder if she even knows the child's name.

"Well, you can't expect them to know everything in a school with 600 pupils" says R, who is very forgiving of
dreadful teaching practice, appalling school management and an education sytstem which is scandalously ill- concieved and antiquated.

ARE THE BRITS THINKING OF COPYING THE FRENCH SYSTEM IN ANY WAY?  PLEASE PLEASE DON'T!        

No comments:

Post a Comment