Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Countdown to Passion

Final rehearsals this weekend, and first concert on Sunday.  I've been singing since January, all the time every day, while I'm frying the mushrooms, while I'm dusting the shelves, while I'm hoovering the carpet (well the Dyson we have is very quiet).

So far, I've taught myself:

To sing and articulate at the same time (in French)
To be PRESENT when I sing
To live the story of the song
To sing down to earth
To push out resonant sound (to compensate for lack of vocal volume)
To hit higher notes
To breathe more effectively (still difficult)
To sing from the 'base' (a bit more than before, still difficult)
To sing with earth, air, fire and water
To be unashamed to sing any time, anywhere (R&B are not unashamed)
To ignore criticism
To have a jolly good time

This is what I rely on:

Vogel echinacea throat spray
Propolis throat spray
Propolis throat drops
Swedish bitters in litres of water


Still to do:

Sew button on jacket (check I can still fit in to it, expanded lungs don't you know)
Iron skirt
Do all cooking and shopping in advance
Programme concert venues into the satnav


2 comments:

  1. I wish I could be there. YOu will be wonderful - you and Bach - a marriage made in heaven.

    love
    j
    ps ALL children are embarrassed by singing parents - I, for one, am not allowed to utter a single sound - very repressive :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Singing, and wearing bizarre clothes that make me look like a "crazy old woman". "WHAT" says R, when he learns B has said this, "Why did he say that, you don't look crazy, you just look like a normal old woman!" JC says I should be happy and proud that in their eyes I look like a crazy/old woman...and then seeing the old woman had a crazy look in her eyes, added that he, of course, likes the way I dress. However, this from a man who is still wearing the pants and woolly sweaters he wore when I met him...

    ReplyDelete