Monday, August 19, 2013

Unexpected Salad

JC midway through the Unexpected Salad
All my cooking is unexpected, because I never plan and always use what I can find;  leftover in the fridge, in season, in the garden...

Here I took leftover Quinoa with onion and grated carrot and a few courgette slices, I thought it tasted rather dull last night but perhaps I was in a bad mood.

I added a peach (in season), cucumber, snippets of jambon de Bayonne (like Parma ham, was in fridge) a selection of unexpected flavours from garden;  one or two leaves each from wild rocket, sage, mint, marjoram, lemon balm, oregano, hyssop, fennel, tarragon) squeezed over some lemon juice, a bit of salad dressing, and topped with a veggie burger and melted Comté cheese.  It was v. good.

No comments:

Post a Comment