Thursday, June 7, 2012

I'm a bit famous today

I'm in the regional press, at last, I'm someone!
I'm stopped in the street by everyone at school because I'm in the regional press, hooray!  The photo's not too bad, but I wish I'd said I was 52.

I got accosted by a journalist in the middle of a pedestrian crossing.  He wanted me to tell him three things I liked about living in our region.    I told him he was asking the wrong person, that I'm only here because I married a Frenchman and I want to go home.  He was most insistent that I find three things I liked so I asked if we could get off the pedestrian crossing first.    One of the things I find most irritating on a daily basis about living in the Paris suburbs is the wretched behaviour of the French on pedestrian crossings, the list is long:  standing expectantly carrying a small dog and having no intention of crossing, chatting in groups on the edge,  parking buses and lorries upon them,  dashing out from behind the aforementioned parked buses and lorries shaking fists, and for motorists, not stopping at them.  Where was I?  Oh yes, so I said I liked the international life, choice in education as the French Education system often does not suit the English (understatement of the year) and the nearby ecological riverside developement.

Well, he printed none of that needless to say.  He said I liked our school because the children could do intensive English which they don't, so thank goodness I'm not famous and can remain in my own little world where truth resides.

The Shocking Truth - Flasher at Perceval Carnival

No comments:

Post a Comment