Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It's a Knockout Music Test Tomorrow...

To get you in the mood, listen to the theme tune from "I'ts a Knockout" whilst reading this blog (Herb Alpert Bean Bag)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH37n8u_VcM 



Now this takes the biscuit.  Actually so many things take the biscuit at R's school that I don't think there are any more biscuits left in the packet.  You might be wondering how French music lessons can be transformed into a figure for the mark chart, well now I know...

Tomorrow R has a music test, I prefer to call it a trial but R assures me it is a test as it is marked.  He has to stand up in front of the class with another boy and sing a song about Ulysses 4 verses and 5 refrains.  They start off with 10 points.  The teacher puts on a recording of the accompaniment, and as they both sing takes marks OFF for errors of rhythm, diction, melody and text....I'm sorry but this sounds like a round of  "It's a Knock Out",  I can almost hear Stuart Hall wheezing with laughter as he watches the competitors making desperate exhibitions of themselves.

Listen to the wheeze here:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_eK0zegE4w

My dears, there is nothing more amusing than watching our European cousins dressed as penguins and falling arse over tip.

I've just discovered on Wikipedia that It's a Knockout was bought off the  FRENCH, under a Jeux Sans Frontières franchise!

Well that explains it!

(don't worry pop pickers he got 9 out of 10 and that's what COUNTS)


No comments:

Post a Comment