Monday, February 18, 2013

I make watches go wrong

Jenny's comment about bad electrical karma made me remember my watch problem.  As long as I can remember I have made electronic watches go wrong;  they go fast, then slow, or they stop.  I take them back to the shop, they say the battery is fine.  They give them back to me, they go wrong the minute I've left the shop.

I now have two watches, both from Fossil because they have a leather strap that goes under the watch face, between it an my skin.  I wear one for a few weeks, and when it starts to go wrong, I give it a rest and wear the other, until that one goes wrong, at which point the other one is ok.  Even so,  one of them, still under guarantee, had to be sent off to the Swiss repairers to have its innards totally replaced.

I've taken to asking watch sellers, is this a common problem?

They all say yes, there are definitely some people who make watches go wrong.  The latest guy in Fossil said that we all have electrical activity in our bodies, in some it is nearer the surface, or the skin is thin.  The very coquette and overly made up woman at the shopping centre watch shop says it is to do with the phases of the moon.  Well, I don't know about all that.  I wonder if it is good, bad, or just a meaningless feature?   The guy in Fossil tried to sell me a 300 Euro Man's Watch (It eez Boyfriend Watch), the only one they stock which is wind-up.  I'm tempted, although it really isn't my style.  Or price.  Bit of a wind-up really.

No comments:

Post a Comment