Monday, March 23, 2015

Violets; secret sweet delight

 

The wild violets have chosen to cluster prettily around the stone trio in front of my swingseat.  They have chosen to show themselves in their full range of colours,  lightening from deepest plum, to the intense inner-shining of purple to lilac-rose and white.
 


 

 
  I have to lie down and approach them at their level if I want to photograph them, they will have it no other way.  They turn their faces from me, turn their backs to me, strange angular backs and sides that make no sense, but sometimes one will accept to meet the lens face to face.





Funny little things, it makes me cry to see their familiar faces.

One day soon, their scent will come.  I will lie down again to  inhale it, and there are no words for such a sensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment